WE GLOBAL NOW!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

YEEZY/COLE/MAC MILLER ALBUM REVIEWS...TI SIGNS YO GOTTI AND MAINO MIGHT BE NEXT..CIARA SERVED PAPERS ON STAGE


We can accomplish more together than we can alone. "For in fact the body is not one member but many." —1 Corinthians 12:14


WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR FOLLOWING SPONSORS:
*CAMILLE KANNON OF INNER VIXEN LLC
*LUCK DOMPIERRE OF HIGH HUMBLE HIGHLY HATED CLOTHING
*GERARDO MOREIRA AND THE GOOD PEOPLE AT JORDAN CRAIG DENIM CO
*STREETINKZ OF VMS AND ONE TAKE MULTIMEDIA STUDIOS, NYC








AND NOW...THIS WEEK-IN ALBUM REVIEWS: YEEZY, J.COLE AND MAC MILLER




This Week Album Reviews

Here's what everyone's been waiting for. The first week sales for all those albums that dropped on June 18th have come in!

Kanye West, J. Cole and Mac Miller all dropped an album last week, and although all three albums had leaked prior, each rapper nonetheless moved a solid amount. The numbers line up with the projections as well.

Kanye West's Yeezus moved 328,800 units, of course nabbing the #1 debut. As expected, J. Cole comes in after 'Ye, moving a reported 297,922 copies of Born Sinner. Finally, Mac Miller surpassed the 100k mark, selling 101,795 copies of Watching Movies With The Sound Off.

 The final numbers for 'Ye are 327,000 units sold, coming in at #1, J. Cole was only 30k behind Yeezus with 297,000 and thus grabs the #2 entry, and Mac Miller came in just over 100k as we reported yesterday, with 102,000 copies, nabbing #3 on the charts. Finally, we can't forget r'n'b singer Kelly Rowland. Talk A Good Game came in  at #4 on the Billboard 200 with 68,000 units sold. 

Wow! Hip-hop is dominating the top of the charts this week. That's not something you see every day. Heres the TRILLSMANIA reviews by our correspondent Bruce Jackson Jr.:

Kanye West- Yeezus

Now this is the number one of the three according to Soundscan.  To me honestly, theres maybe like 4 joints I could bang to, but as far as the rest of the album, it sounds like what you get when you pop 100 mollies and let loose.  A lot of religious references throughout the album, whIch are okay, but a little too much for me.  Im a big Kanye fan since College Dropout, but this album seems to be the sac-religious version of "808s and Heartbreaks".  But dont get it twisted, he do have some bangers. My favorites include: Blood On The Leaves, Bound 2, On Sight, and of course his single New Slaves. He has a few hidden guest appearances including Chief Keef and GLC..plus more.  Heres our this rating: 




Mac Miller- Watching Movies With The Sound Off

This was the last of the three according to the Soundscan for the week of June 19th.  All I can say is wow, one of the most entertaining albums of all time to me.  It dosent surprise me that Mac Miller, one of the most successful yet underrated artist with no major deal, could deliver such a hot album.  Rhymes, beat flow, wordplay, and creativity.  I love it! His wordplay and delivery is uncanny and flawless...especially for a hip hop head like myself.  It brought me back to the art that i fell in love with since shell toe adidas.  My favorite bangerz: SDS, Avion, Matches, I Am Who I Am, aww freak it. Most of his album was filled with hot joints!  If you riding on a long distant trip or on a flight, this album is for you.  Reminds me of hip hop in 1996-1997...Gang Starr, Mic Geronimo, Nas, CNN, Common Sense,Tribe Called Quest, OutKast, Fugees...This album will get your brain lost in a whole different mind frame!  I give this album:



J. Cole - Born Sinner

This was in second place in the fight for number one in the Soundscan of June 19th First Week Sales.  To me, this album has to be one of his most personal of his creations.  His life is defined through beats, flows and wordplay. A coming of age album, what should be a prequel to his previous album Cole World.  His album opener, "Villuminati" is a freakin BANGER!!!!!! The flow and wordplay of addressing issues he encountered through the media and the "illuminati involvement" rumors, and his start in the rap game, through the haunting drums and percussions of the super producer Timbaland! Definitely one of my favorites!  I love the religious skits as well!!! Kept the album interesting.  Another favorite of mine is "LAnd of the Snake" which samples 1998's OutKast and Slick Rick's "Art of Storytelling".  This album in my opinion was the best of all three in Soundscan and shouldve did more numbers than Kanye.  Kanye got first place because of controversy for his album cover as well as his name alone is "critically acclaimed". I mean..J. Cole brought back TLC on a song, in which he took his physical flaw and turned it to a substance filled conscious, uplifting track "Crooked Smile". My other favorite joints include: the single "Power Trip", "Let Nas Down","Mo Money", "New York Times" (since he bigup my hometown Queens) and a lot of other joints. Practically his whole album sick.  Listening to this album made me reminiscent of listening to a Jay-Z album from 1998-2002 era.  Beautifully put together and strategic album!   My rating: 


#TRILLSMANIA Rating:
1st Place: J.Cole - Born Sinner
2nd Place: Mac Miller - Watching Movies With The Sound Off
3rd Place: Kanye West - Yeezus

(Just Our Opinion)








Mimi Faust’s “Boyfriend” Nikko Exposes Their Fake Relationship




According to a source close to Mimi Faust, of the popular reality TV show Love & Hip Hop Atlanta, her ex “boyfriend” Nikko is telling friends that he feels betrayed and humiliated after Mimi went back to her cheating baby daddy, Stevie J.
Nikko and Mimi, who dated for less than a year, broke up last month — just in time for the new season of “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta”. Now Nikko feels he was used by both Mimi and the show’s producer Mona Scott-Young, pictured center with Mimi, left, and Joseline Hernandez.
The source added that Nikko now believes Mimi and Stevie J never really broke up — it was all a put on for the show to boost ratings. The relationship between the show’s stars, Joseline Hernandez and Stevie J is also fake.
“Now he knows the show is scripted; it’s not reality,” says the source who added, “Nikko feels betrayed.”
“Now he thinks [Mimi] was playing him or she’s just playing stupid,” said my source.
Scott-Young was in Atlanta last night for the “Love & Hip Hop Atlanta” screening at Creme Ultra Lounge. Nikko, who was in Atlanta yesterday, didn’t bother to show up to take photos with the cast members.







Foxy Brown Opens Up About Relationships W/ Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj


While Foxy Brown admitted she planned on saving her emotional story for an interview with Oprah she decided to spill her heart out to good friend Combat Jack instead.

During the full two hour interview Foxy touched on many emotional subjects including losing her hearing, speaking at her aunt’s funeral, Jay-Z reaching out to her, her insecurities as a dark skinned woman, and even becoming a true bad girl at the age of 14.

While the New York native seemed to disappear from the media spotlight for a while, her name resurfaced when rumors sparked that she was about to release a book slandering Jay-Z’s name. Well during the long, emotional interview she publicly denied the rumors for the second time and even opened up about her relationship with the hip hop mogul.

She started out by simply explaining how much respect and love she has for Jay-Z:

“Jay doesn’t allow ANYONE around him who causes discord.  That’s why he is where he is now.  When I read his book Decoded, I said, if there’s any young black dude out here who doesn’t look up to this dude, something’s wrong.  He’s a street dude and he took the shots.  And he’s leading by example.  I didn’t have a female to say to me “this is what it is” while I was coming up.  So I tell every young dude to pick up this book.  The first thing Jay did when he was named President of Def Jam, he reached back and signed me–the person who he started with.  He’s never said not one bad thing about me.  So when that false story came out about me talking about him, it’s like, why would I say those things about him?”Next she addressed the rumors that she was throwing all kinds of shade on the Queen of R&B and the “99 Problems” rapper all while explaining her frustrations with how irresponsible journalism has become:

“I stood up for him and Bey because I love both of them.  That took me back.  I was ready to lace my Timbs up and go back to old Inga because it was so disrespectful.  The slander. It was disrespectful to me and all of the people who have done things for me.  Do you understand I can hear now because of Jay-Z?” [Foxy got emotional and broke down and said she needed to go to a break]

“….People believed something that wasn’t even a story, it never was said.  It’s not about immortalizing Jay, it’s about me having a reputation.  I’m always coy about my personal life.  There was no story, no audio, no interview….just someone maybe in Milwaukee somewhere just made up some story. When a story is saying YOU said someone is a controversial and someone gave you Herpes…when you’re insulting people’s families that’s a different level.  Jay-Z is someone who I love and respect dearly and he’s always been nothing but great to me and my family period. Beyonce has been nothing but classy and sweet and loving and respectful to me.  Those are my friends.  They were disrespected.  I was disrespected. I come from a time of real journalism and now, this new day in age someone can just sit behind a computer and say whatever.  Even the tone of the article was so ill-written.  The words and grammar used, it’s not even me.  My mom is an educator.  And anyone who knows me knew immediately I don’t speak like that.  And all these little hip hop sites just ran with it…”

During the interview she also touched on her relationship with Nicki Minaj and explained that she feels as if the hip hop Barbie doesn’t need to portray herself as a “bad girl” if she’s not:

“She and I had a conversation because I see so much of me in her.  I said, “I took the shots….I kicked the doors down and opened them back up…I did the jail time…and I’ve made a ton of mistakes.” I sit back and laugh at all these girls calling themselves a “bad girl.”  And no shots at Rihanna.  I love her and she supported me when she posted that pic of me and Kate Moss for W from a long time ago.   I was a REAL bad girl. I took the shots.”

The lengthy interview includes Foxy’s reaction to Lauryn Hill serving some time behind bars and how she began dating Haitian Jack when she was only 14-years-old.

If you’re interested in all the details and have some serious time to kill you can check out the full two hour interview below:





Hustle Gang/Grand Hustle signs Yo Gotti and talks signing Maino and Uncle Murda:


Drake and J. Cole buys "Born Sinner" and "Take Care" in NYC Best Buy:













2 Chainz Robbery Footage Released:


Wale reveals  why Tiara Thomas not on "Bad Girl" Remix..#GIFTED IN STORES NOW:


TALIB KWELI Says NO ONE WANTED TO HEAR KANYE WEST RAP WHEN HE FIRST STARTED:


CIARA GETS SERVED LAWSUIT DURING HER PERFORMANCE


Gangsta Boo loves White Guys!!!


***NEW MUSIC***

Short Fuse - "Im Real (Remix)" ft Lu Castro, Brick Flaco, Kiddo (TALIBAN) and June Black




Brick Flaco - Queens Motto (G.T.M.)


THANKS FOR TUNING IN AND MAKING US ONE OF THE BEST BLOG OUT IN THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY! MUCH LOVE AND GOD BLESS!






















No comments:

Post a Comment